- Acest eveniment a trecut.
Creators of Peace Circle
vineri, 6 decembrie 2019 la ora 17:00 - duminică, 8 decembrie 2019 la ora 17:00
As part of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence Campaign, Creators of Peace (CoP) invites women to experience a Peace Circle in Cluj-Napoca, 6-8 December 2019.
Peace Circles are offered throughout the world by Creators of Peace (CoP), a global network of women whose mission is to engage men and women in their role as creators of peace at every level of society.
A peace circle is an interactive 3-day retreat-like event, in a small group.
What is Peace? What are the qualities of a peacebuilder? Who are our role models in terms of peacebuilding? What are inner peace, listening to the other, to oneself and the power of forgiveness?
To answer these questions we are preparing a programme filled with presentations, interactive exercises, personal reflection and storysharing time.
The aims of Creators of Peace are:
• To engage women in their role as creators of peace at every level of society.
• To promote the transforming dynamic of a change of heart, starting with oneself, as a primary tool of peace creation.
• To pre-empt violence and despair by addressing the roots of conflict, in and around us.
• To encourage and connect existing practitioners of peace building.
• To raise awareness of the moral and spiritual prerequisite for effective social action.
• To build just, caring and inclusive communities for all.
The Peace Circle sessions will take place as follows:
Friday, 6th of December, from 17:00 to 20:00
Saturday, 7th of December, from 9:00 to 19:00
Sunday, 8th of December, from 9:00 to 17:00
Eligibility: Women over 18 years old
Where: Cluj Napoca, Baba Novac nr 1 – Urban Mirror Atelier
Spots available: 10
Costs involved: To cover part of the costs involved by organizing this event and the costs of materials used we suggest a contribution of 100 lei.
Food and breaks: We are able to offer coffee, tea and biscuits for the breaks. For the lunch breaks please bring your own packed lunches.
Facilitators: Diana Damsa and Felicia Cotoman
Diana Damsa is the Vice-President of Creators of Peace International and an experienced facilitator of dialogues, circle processes, and other forms of community gatherings and programmes. Diana believes that change in society starts with a change in one’s personal motives and behaviors. Also, she believes in the special and unique contribution each person has to bring to forming a stable and peaceful society. She has been running Peace Circles since 2009.
Felicia Cotoman has experienced a Peace Circle as a participant in 2014. The experience was life changing. In her wish to offer this experience to other women she has completed the facilitator’s training in 2015. As a junior facilitator, she is looking forward to sharing this experience with every woman who wants to grow and become o better version of herself.
To register: If you would like to take part, please fill in the registration form: https://forms.gle/sTRpeeKfmYsuHdHZ6. We will get in touch with you for confirmation asap.
Taking part involves:
– Participating in the whole weekend – we can only be a full circle if everyone makes the commitment to participate for the whole time
– An open heart and readiness for honest sharing and good listening within the group
– Contributing generally towards building an atmosphere of trust and respect
This event will be in English.
For more information you can contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone 004 0753 221088 or at [email protected] or by phone 0040 0774 630338
This event is part of the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence Campaign in Cluj Napoca – a global initiative supported by the UN, taking place worldwide between the 25th of November and the 10th of December.